John Bateman OAM
- 1981 Bachelor of Arts (Politics) and Bachelor of Laws, MU
- 1981 Legal Training Cert, College of Law.
- 1981 Admitted to Supreme Court of NSW.
- 1983 Admitted to High Court of Australia.
- 1994 Graduate Diploma in Land Economy, WSU.
- 1994 Accredited Specialist, Property Law.
- 1995 Master of Commerce, WSU.
- Member of Law Society of New South Wales.
- Member of the Nepean Hawkesbury Law Society.
- Member of Law Council of Australia.
- Associate of Australian Property Institute.
- Fellow of Taxation Institute of Australia.
- Member of Environment and Planning Law Association.
- Member of Australian and New Zealand Sporting Lawyers Association.
Summary of Experience:
- Over 40 years General Practice experience.
- Accredited specialist in Property Law.
- Residential/Commercial Property Acquisition, Sale and Development.
- Compulsory Acquisition
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial/Business Law and Contract Negotiation
- Business and Company Acquisition and Sale
- Planning & Local Government issues
- Wills, Estates and Estate Planning Law.
- Retirement Village Contracts; and
- Aged Care Accommodation Agreements
- Over 40 years of Community involvement in Penrith and Western Sydney including:
- Independent Penrith City Councillor 1995-2004 (Deputy Mayor 1997/1998)
- Elected unopposed as Mayor of City of Penrith in 1998/1999 and 1999/2000
- Olympic Mayor during the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games when City of Penrith hosted Rowing, Slalom and Spring Canoe/Kayak events
- Executive member Nepean Medical Research Foundation 2001-2014 (Vice President 2003-2012)
- Board Member Penrith Valley Economic Development Corporation 2002-2008 (Deputy Chairman 2002-2006 & Chairman 2006-2008)
- Founder and Executive member Penrith Valley Sports Foundation 2000 - 2012
- Member Penrith Lakes Community Advisory Committee 2007-2011
- Board member Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre 1999-2004
- Board member Penrith Rugby League and Football clubs (Panthers) 1995-2002
- Member Advisory Board Western Sydney Academy of Sport 1998-2002
- Board member Penrith Rugby Club 2000-2002
- Chairman Penrith Olympic Torch Relay Committee
- Founder of Nepean Philanthropists
- Former President and Secretary Nepean Hawkesbury Regional Law Society
- Coach of Penrith High School and The King's School in NSW Law Society Mock Trial Competition
- Honorary Solicitor for NSW Little Athletics Association, Penrith Netball Association, Nepean District Historical Society, Penrith Touch Football Association and Penrith Disabilities Resource Centre.
- Patron of Nepean District Historical Society and Former Patron of Red Cross Calling, Penrith Police and Citizens Youth Club (PCYC) and Foundation for Creative Enterprise
Phone: (02) 4731 5899
Fax: (02) 4721 4008