Penrith Lawyers - Phone (02) 4731 5899

FAQ – Termination Agreements

Some of the most commonly asked questions about Termination Agreements are discussed on this page.

1. Who can enter into a Termination Agreement?

Termination Agreements can be entered into between Defacto couples or parties in a Domestic Relationship.

2. What does the Termination Agreement cover?

The Agreement deals with the termination of a Defacto Relationship or Domestic Relationship and makes provisions in regards to financial matters between the parties.  This can include residential properties, investment properties, shares and savings accounts.

3. Do you need legal advice?

Yes.  For a Termination Agreement to be valid and enforceable by a Court each of the parties will need to obtain independent legal advice and the solicitors will sign Certificates of Independent Advice, which will be attached to the Agreement.

If you would like further information, or require assistance, please contact us on (02) 4731 5899 or send us an email by clicking on the ‘Contact Us’ page on our website.

Download PDF Version:
FAQ Termination Agreements

Contact us to see how we can help you