Property Settlement & Other Financial Matters
At the end of your relationship you may need to divide the assets. These assets can include the family home, investment properties, interests in a business, shares, bank accounts and superannuation. In determining what proportion the assets are divided many factors are taken into account. They include:
- the assets that you or your partner brought into the relationship;
- the assets and liabilities accumulated during the period of the relationship;
- the direct and indirect financial contributions of the parties;
- the non-financial contributions to the relationship;
- the future requirements of the parties as well as the parties future resources.
At Bateman Battersby Lawyers Penrith, our experienced team can assist you with all aspects of your property settlement including:
- providing an initial advice as to the likely distribution of the assets and liabilities of the relationship;
- obtaining all relevant information pertaining to the assets and liabilities of the relationship;
- negotiating with your partner or their legal representative;
- appearing for you in Court;
- attending to the transfer of your assets as part of a property settlement.